New funding opportunity!
One Young World & Roche have teamed up to provide a #Lead2030 challenge for #SDG3.
If you have a project that’s, improving cancer outcomes in the UK, apply to win $50,000, a year of mentorship, and a place at #OYW2022
Cancer outcomes in the UK are worse than other nations (1). And in more deprived communities, people are more likely to get cancer, more likely to be diagnosed at a late stage for certain cancer types, and have more trouble accessing cancer services. Sadly, they’re also more likely to die from the disease.
Roche is excited to support the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 3, which is inviting innovative UK based companies or individuals working to ensure equity for all UK cancer patients.
The Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 3, which is inviting innovative UK based companies or individuals to provide solutions to any of the following:
- Technologies or solutions that address health inequalities and make healthcare more accessible to more people.
- Shortening the time to diagnosis.
- How to engage individuals in their own healthcare so they are more likely to recognise the early warning signs of cancer.
- Ensuring earlier identification of individuals at high risk of cancer.
- Supporting patient advocacy i.e. ensuring greater awareness and knowledge among patients about about what to expect and the questions to ask.
- Identifying the appropriate tools to support different patient groups, recognising that digital-first is not always the answer.
- Connecting with local community organisations that provide access and digital skills support e.g. libraries, community support hubs.
- Working with and enabling local charities already engage with deprived communities e.g. those working with the homeless or supporting older people, social housing groups, etc.
- Socially prescribing digital interventions and establishing digital health hubs in the community which help and support people to use digital health tools.
The challenge is open to applications from all types of organisations including social enterprises, charities, community groups, individuals and start-ups.